Stowe Animal Ordinances in Brief
- Dogs must be under CONTROL at all times. Dogs must be on a LEASH in the following designated areas:
Stowe Recreation Path, any public parking lot, Memorial Park, and Cemetery Road. Dogs are NOT allowed in public
- All dogs over the age of
6 months must be currently licensed and be wearing the tag issued by the town clerk.
- Owners are responsible for immediate and proper removal of their
dog’s feces from any property other than their own.
- Animal bites to any person or domestic animal or attempted bites should be reported immediately to the Animal
Control Officer or Health Officer.
- Dogs left
out of doors must be under control, have adequate shelter for weather conditions, and have water available to them.
- It is unlawful to leave an animal unattended in a standing
or parked car in a manner that would endanger the health or safety of the animal. Even on a moderately
warm day, in just minutes a car becomes an oven even with the windows cracked open. Pets can suffer
from serious conditions such as heat stroke, brain damage, or even death when left in a hot car. If you
see a dog suffering in a hot car call Animal Control or the police immediately!
- If you see any strange acting raccoons, skunks, ravens, or other wildlife, contact Fish and Wildlife.
For dog licenses residents can contact the Stowe Town Clerk at (802) 253-6133.
More information can be found at the Town Clerk's Website
Vermont Department of Health Rabies Hotline 1 (800) 4 RABIES or (800) 422-2437
Vermont Department of Health Dead Birds 1-800-913-1139
For concerns or questions involving wildlife,
poaching complaints, or related issues, contact the area Fish and Wildlife Game Warden, Jason Batchelder,
802-878-7111 or 802-279-4875
Vermont Department of Fish and Wildlife
For help with beavers, skunks, woodchucks, squirrels, turtles,
mice, bats, moles, and other nuisance animals, call B&B WILDLIFE CONTROL OPERATORS, Brent Teillon 802-888-4086, cell 793-4950
or Bill Pickens 802-888-3736 which is a 24 hour service and fully licensed.